Bridge Ups are multifunctional core exercises that targets the midsection. Bridge ups also isolate and strengthen the glutes and hamstrings. The iso-lateral aspect of this exercise particularly activates the core because the body must work hard to maintain balance during the ‘bridge up’ phase. Avoid overly arching the lower back to avoid stress.
- lay on back with hands to either side of body
- bend both knee but maintain sole of feet on the ground
- without arching the back, engage core and glutes of the supporting leg to lift hips off the ground
- hold for a second at the pinnacle before lowering down
- at the pinnacle, a straight line should be created starting with the shoulders all the way down to hips