A Bent Arm Bent Body Press to Handstand is a transition skill performed on the rings to move from a support position to a handstand. This skill requires superior postural control as well as upper body strength. More control can be had by keeping the rings as parallel and close to the body as possible. A prerequisite for this skill is a solid handstand pushup on the rings.
- begin in a support on the rings
- ensure that core is engaged and arms locked out
- slowly tilt shoulders forward and simultaneously bend both elbows, as well as hips (hips should bend to at least 90 degrees)
- once body is in an inverted pike position, begin straightening hips out so that you are positioned in a shoulder stand
- extend elbows to press into a handstand, maintaining good postural control throughout
- finish in a handstand