Bicycle Sit Ups are dynamic core exercises that target the major abdominal muscles. Bring each knee as close to the elbow as possible at the top of each sit up to activate the external obliques. For best result, move legs as you would if pedaling a bicycle. Scale by performing standard sit ups or hollow holds.
- lay on back with hands clasped behind head and legs together
- lift upper back and feet few inches off the floor to get into a hollow position
- while keeping the small of the back pressed against the floor
- engage abs to bring one of the knees to the opposite elbow
- the leg that is kept straight should remain off the ground
- repeat motion with opposite knee and elbow
- maintain a good rhythm throughout and visualize pedaling a bicycle