Candlestick Pike Roll Up is an advanced variation of the candlestick roll up. This is an exercise that fires up the intrinsic core muscles and requires a great amount of flexibility, particularly in the pike position. If having trouble, focus on maintaining a compressed piked position as you roll up until the legs become perpendicular to the floor. Scale by performing a standard candlestick roll up.
- lay on ground with back against the floor
- raise both arms overhead and press them against the floor
- hollow through the chest and bring toes up above head without bending the body
- maintain hollow position and roll forward by driving heels towards the ground
- use both hands on either side of the body as support
- bend body at the hips and compress upper body to bring it close to the legs as possible
- open hip angle as you settle into a stand