Candlestick Roll to Jump up is a variation of a candlestick roll up. This exercise is designed to be a multifunctional plyometric exercise to help fire up your legs and core. Thinking about rounding the body during the candlestick phase may facilitate a more efficient roll, which could also lead to a good tempo.
- lay on ground with back against the floor
- raise both arms overhead and press them against the floor
- hollow through the chest and bring toes up above head without bending the body
- maintain hollow position and roll forward by driving heels towards the ground
- as feet nears the ground, bend knees and stand up as you would for a forward roll (you may use both hands to support and balance as you come up)
- perform an explosive jump as you rise up from the roll
- bend knees slightly to brace landing (ensure knees do not collapse in/out) and immediately return to candlestick roll