Candlestick Roll Up is a plyometric exercise which focuses on developing leg and core strength. By focusing on building a solid understanding of this exercise, you are building the foundation necessary to perform a number of other exercises that stems from this movement, such as a candlestick roll to jump up, to candlestick single leg roll up.
- lay on ground with back against the floor
- raise both arms overhead and press them against the floor
- hollow through the chest and bring toes up above head without bending the body
- maintain hollow position and roll forward by driving heels towards the ground
- as feet nears the ground, bend knees and roll up as you would a forward roll (if needed, use both hands to support and balance as you come up)
- finish in a stand position with body upright and core engaged