Candlestick Straddle Roll Up is a variation of the candlestick roll up. This exercise is designed to be a multifunctional plyometric exercise to fire up your legs and core. This exercise should be perfected before performing the candlestick pike up. Slowly work up to the candlestick pike up by working towards narrowing the straddle as much as possible.
- lay on ground with back against the floor
- raise both arms overhead and press them against the floor
- hollow through the chest and bring toes up above head without bending the body
- maintain hollow position and roll forward by driving heels towards the ground
- as feet nears the ground, split legs at least shoulder width apart
- plant both hands between legs and use them to bring you up to a straddle stand
- roll back down to candlestick and repeat