Due to its unique hand placement, Diamond Pushups helps to activate and develop the triceps. As it is the case with any form of pushup, ensure that a tight body position is maintained and that the hips never sag during the exercise. Scale by performing wide arm pushups.
- begin in a standard pushup position
- move hands so that tips of index fingers and thumbs are touching (they should form a triangle)
- engage core and bend elbows to lower body until chest touches hands
- push up until arms are fully extended and finish back in the starting position
- a tight body position should be maintained at all times