A Forward Roll to Pike Up to Handstand is a variation of the forward roll to tuck up to handstand. Although this exercise follows a similar pattern as a forward roll to tuck up to handstand, the act of maintaining a piked position as you transition up to a handstand will require more midsection strength and flexibility. Refrain from unfolding the pike too quickly as doing so will halt the momentum you need to get up to the handstand.
- perform a forward roll
- as you roll up from the forward roll, maintain a tucked position as you plant both hands on the floor
- push down on the floor and ensure that your arms are locked out
- bend body at the hips and maintain straight legs, using your ankles as the main source of power to boost yourself up to a handstand
- maintain a tight handstand position with core engaged (hold for a second if possible)
- tuck chin towards the chest and slightly bend arms to roll out of the handstand
- finish in a squat, stand, or perform multiple forward rolls to handstand in a row