A Forward Roll to Straddle Up to Handstand is a variation of the forward roll to tuck up to handstand. The more mobility and flexibility you possess in your hips, the more efficiently you will be able to perform this movement. Continue to work on the pancake stretch to further develop this flexibility. Scale by performing forward roll to tuck up to handstands.
- perform a forward roll
- as you roll up from the forward roll, maintain a tucked position as you plant both hands on the floor
- push down on the floor and ensure that your arms are locked out
- bend body at the hips and maintain straight legs, using your ankles as the main source of power to straddle your legs up to a handstand
- join legs in a handstand and engage core (hold for a second if possible)
- tuck chin towards the chest and slightly bend arms to roll out of the handstand
- finish in a squat, stand, or perform multiple forward rolls to handstand in a row