Forward Roll to Tuck Up to Handstand takes a forward roll to the next level. This exercise will help in developing balance and proprioception, while also increasing upper body and core strength. Having a solid understanding of a handstand forward roll is a requirement before attempting this movement. Scale by performing forward rolls and freestanding handstands.
- perform a forward roll
- as you roll up from the forward roll, maintain a tucked position as you plant both hands on the floor
- push down on the floor and ensure that your arms are locked out as you extend the body and drive toes towards the ceiling
- maintain a tight handstand position with core engaged (hold for a second if possible)
- tuck chin towards the chest and slightly bend arms to roll out of the handstand
- finish in a squat, stand, or perform multiple forward rolls to handstand in a row