Frog jumps are effective exercises that develop explosive strength in the calves, hamstrings, and quads. For full benefit, focus on extending through the entire leg and simultaneously swinging the arms over the head to generate maximum power during the jumping phase.
- begin in a stand with feet shoulder width apart and core engaged
- bend knees to squat down and simultaneously swing arms backwards
- squat until thighs are at least parallel to the ground (further if you feel it is safe to do so) and ensure that knees do not cave inward
- perform an explosive jump forward by swinging arms and simultaneously extending knees and hips
- bend knees slightly to brace landing and squat down to repeat jump