A Front Lever is a skill performed on the rings and is becoming ever popular in the world of calisthenics. This exercise requires optimal upper body and midsection strength. For best results, focus on pushing the rings downward and engaging the lats. Scale by performing single leg front levers.
- begin in a long hang position on the rings
- bend body at the hips and lift legs up to settle into an inverted hang position
- activate core and tighten the lats
- slowly lower your body forward by opening up shoulder angle (stomach should face the ceiling)
- body should remain tight during the lowering phase and palms should face away from you
- focus on pushing the rings downward towards your hips
- hold position when body position gets to parallel with the ground