A Front Roll on Rings is an exercise performed on the rings and is designed to develop upper body strength. The movement is very similar to ring kips but is generally performed from a support position. For an added challenge and to develop extra endurance, link several front rolls in a row. To scale, perform kips on rings.
- begin in a support on the rings with core engaged and arms locked out
- tilt shoulders forward and simultaneously bend elbows
- bend at the hips and compress body as much as possible to get into a piked hang position
- after hitting maximum compression, quickly extend body and push down on the rings to allow your upper body to rise up above the rings
- in order to allow the body to quickly rise above rings the movement should be quick and dynamic
- finish in a straight body position with rings turned out and arms straight