Heel Drives are core exercises that primarily develops lower back, glutes, and hamstring strength. In order to maximize the benefit, ensure that legs remain glued together and that the knees do not bend during the drive phase. A stable platform is required for this exercise.
- lie in a prone position on a stable platform
- slide down so that top of hips and legs hang off of the platform
- grab onto the side or front of the platform to avoid sliding off
- close legs and engage core, specifically focusing on engaging glutes and hamstrings
- drive heels towards the ceiling without loosening lower back