Kipping Knees to Elbow is an exercise that is specific to the CrossFit world. Due to dynamic nature, this exercise builds explosive strength in the upper body and abdominals. By utilizing the ‘kipping’ technique, you can increase the amount of reps you can complete in a given amount of time. In order to best utilize this technique, continue to develop a solid understanding of the rhythm of a kip and maintain this rhythm throughout the entire set.
- begin in a hang on a bar and ensure that body is tight
- hands should be slightly more than shoulder width apart
- initiate the ‘kipping movement’ by driving the armpits towards the ground and opening chest
- simultaneously, your legs should swing backwards, which should create a tight arch position
- quickly drive your body into a hollow position through the chest, and bend your knees so that they touch your elbows
- as you begin to lower legs, begin driving the armpits forward and open chest to repeat the movement