Leg Lifts on the Floor are exercises that focus on achieving strength in the abdominal muscles, particularly the lower abdominal region. In order to maximize the benefit of this exercise, ensure that you possess ample flexibility in the pike position. Maintain a tight leg position and avoid bending the knees during the ascension phase.
- lay on the floor with legs together and arms to the side of your body
- engage core and bend at the hips to slowly raise legs off the floor
- continue to keep small of the back pressed against the floor to avoid arching
- allow legs to lift up to where they are comfortable (they should ideally should be perpendicular to the floor) but avoid bending knees
- once at the pinnacle, slowly lower legs while continuing to keep small of back pressed against floor
- do not allow heels to touch the floor at the bottom