Mountain Climbers are plyometric exercises that activate your entire body, including the arms, core, and legs. Mountain climbers are common exercises utilized by athletes in various disciplines to improve explosive power and speed. One of the main goals for this exercise is to maintain a good rhythm between each foot placement.
- begin in a pushup position with core engaged
- with fingers pointed forward, hands should be slightly ahead of the shoulders and elbows
- bend left leg and drive it towards the chest and plant left foot on the floor
- extend left leg back to starting position and simultaneously drive right leg up towards the chest and plant the right foot on the floor
- continue movement while keeping the core tight