A Narrow Squat is a variation of an air squat and is a fundamental leg strengthening exercise. The narrow squat mainly targets the quads, an important muscle group that is necessary for even the simplest movements – from stepping out of the car to getting off our office chairs. Despite its simple movement, air squats will surely get your major leg muscles firing.
- begin with feet together with toes pointed slightly outward
- engage core and slightly stick chest out by bringing shoulder blades down and in
- bend knees and simultaneously push bottom out as if sitting in a chair
- keep weight on heels and ensure that knees stay behind toes
- descend body until quads are parallel to the ground and bring arms in front to keep balance
- extend legs to return to starting position and squeeze the glutes at the top