A Press Handstand on Rings is a gymnastics skill that is used to transition from a support position on the rings to a handstand. This skill requires superior upper body strength, as well as flexibility in the pike position. For best results, keep rings parallel and as close together as possible. Additionally, maintain a compressed body position until the body is vertical before straddling legs.
- begin in a support position on the rings
- push down on rings and slightly lean forward as you begin to pike at the hips and compress the body
- once you are as close to vertical as possible, straddle legs and maintain control of the rings by keeping them close together
- allow legs to travel along the side of the body as much as possible
- open up shoulder angle as you allow the feet to join together in a handstand, using the straps if necessary at this point to stabilize yourself in a handstand