Pushup to Forearm on Floor is a variation of the standard pushup. This exercise is designed to activate your triceps as that region of the arm is forced to do the majority of work during the ‘push up’ phase. As is the case with any form of pushup, ensure that a tight body is maintained throughout the entire movement.
- begin in a standard pushup position
- ensure that shoulders are stacked over the elbows and hands and engage core
- instead of bending elbows as you would for a standard pushup, bend elbows but keep them right besides your body until forearm hits the ground
- once in a forearm plank position, extend elbows to return to starting position
- a tight body position should be maintained at all times