Pushup to Upper Arm on the Parallel Bars is a variation of a standard pushup. The initial motion of this exercise is identical to a standard pushup. The difference occurs in the latter half and is used to further engage the pectoral muscles. This exercise can be performed on the parallel bars or on two evenly sized blocks. Scale by performing standard pushups.
- begin in a pushup position on the parallel bars (feet should be spread to so that you have support on all fours)
- ensure that core is tight, and shoulders are stacked above the elbows and hands
- bend elbows to lower body
- once elbows are at least at 90 degrees, push them outward to transition into an upper arm position while maintaining a flat body
- engage lats to immediately explode off the bars and simultaneously extend elbows to return to original support position