Turning Planks are core exercises that combines the techniques used in a front support hold and a plank hold. Solid postural control as well as good shoulder mobility will assist in increasing efficiency. Focus on maintaining a good rhythm throughout the exercise.
- begin in a standard plank position and engage core
- shoulders should sit over elbows and hands
- while maintaining tight core, initiate left or right movement by tilting the shoulders towards desired direction
- opening up angle between chest and arm until your side is turned towards the ceiling
- simultaneously swing non-supporting arm around the body until hand is firmly planted on the ground and hips are facing the ceiling (finish in a front support position)
- continue movement in the same direction to finish in the initial plank position
- switch direction